Saturday 1 July 2017

Sweet Stampin' - stars & stripes

Happy Saturday :o)

I'm here with my DT card for Sweet Stampin', where our challenge for this week is 'stars & stripes'.



Morgan asked me for a card for his friend... now it's very easy to be unintentionally embarrassing to those teenage creatures, so I ran the image past him first, and I was also worried whether putting the age on was a no-go, but apparently that's ok too.  The finished article was deemed 'perfect'... high praise indeed coming from any male really, never mind a teenage one lol.

Items Used
Stamp - Oliver Kicking About - LOTV
Colouring - copics
Papers - Magical Adventure + Dots & Stripes - Echo Park
Number dies - Birthday Party Fun With Numbers - Crafter's Companion
Sparkle on numbers - Nuvo by Tonic Studios Aqua Shimmer (actually sort of showing up in the photos for once!)
Sentiment - Paper Smooches
Gems from my stash

I'm entering my card for the following challenges
Allsorts - a question of sport
Simon Says - anything goes
Cardz 4 Guys - stars

We're off for a walk now as it's really lovely out... it's been a very wet week, but the rain has stopped, the sun is shining and it's not too warm (I don't do hot weather!).

Thanks for popping in, hope you're all having a lovely weekend :o)

PS. the photobucket nonsense all over my blog is due to my blog background... I had it designed years ago and the person who did it must have it all stored on photobucket which is now charging for that purpose.  Not really sure what to do about it, so might just end up taking my background off altogether if I can't get it sorted!

14 comments:

Sian said...

Great card! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Sian.

Janette said...

Oh this is fab Lisa, a really perfect card for a boy....x

Kelly Lloyd said...

This is a fab card. Love these images
Hugs Kelly

Squirrel x said...

Awesome male card hun, Morgan's right, it's perfect! Hugs xx

Wendy said...

Absolutely fabulous, love it!
Hugs
Wendy xx

Debra K. said...

Brilliant card for a teenage guy! Not surprising it got the seal of approval from Morgan. Fabulous colouring to match the yummy papers and a wonderful card design as always Lisa! Debra x

An Occasional Genius said...

Fab card Lisa, not surprised it got such high praise! Hope you're enjoying your weekend xx

Sarah said...

A fabulous card Lisa and I am sure Morgans friend will be impressed too. I remember making cards for my boys friends and I think the best remarks I ever had was "'s alright"!! xx

Jane Willis said...

A super card and perfect for a teenage boy. Thank you for sharing at Cardz 4 Guyz
Jane

brenda said...

A perfect image for this weeks 'A question of sport' theme at Allsorts, many thanks for sharing your lovely card with us.

B x

Tracy Freeman said...

It looks awesome, Love the image and not surprised it received high praise.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

Sandy said...

Wonderful card for a teenager. Love the image and those fab papers!
Hugs, Sandy

Craftnut said...

Thanks for your entry to our sports theme at allsorts Tracy x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Aww, bless him, it IS perfect! I think you totally nailed it for a teenage boy. Fab card hun, really nicely done, the papers are bold and perfect for a masculine make, love the colour combo you chose. Gorgeous colouring as always too. Hugs, Wends xoxo