Sunday 10 July 2011

Eat cake...

Here's another card I made while I was laptop-less... it's amazing how much you can get done when you can't waste hours on the internet lol!  I'm thinking of having a couple of days each week where I'm not 'allowed' to switch the laptop on until the evening, maybe that way I'll actually get ahead for the first time ever...



No colouring involved with this one - I've used a LOTV die cut image, thought it was about time I actually used some of them.  I've mounted the die cut square on a scallop nestie, but cut the top part of the scallop off so that I could add ric rac ribbon instead - the ric rac was just plain white but I coloured it with a promarker.  Papers are Dovecraft 'back to basics' with core'dinations cardstock.  Sentiment is from Pink Petticoat, pearls from my stash.

Off to catch up with some commenting, while trying to come up with some ideas for hubby's birthday cards from me and the boys... he's going to be 30 on Thursday, my younger man lol.  Normally I find him quite easy to make for, because he's always really nice about my cards anyway, but for anyone's 'special' birthdays I always go a bit blank!

24 comments:

Denise said...

Such a pretty card - love the delicate colours.
Hugs
Denise xx

Sarpreet said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful colours

it sounds like being laptopless helped you out

Janette said...

Hi Lisa, awww bless that sweet image, so cute....lol...really fab card again hun.xxx

Unknown said...

I Loooove! this, Mary x

Debs M said...

very sweet, the papers and image match perfectly x

Lisa said...

Hi Lisa, Gorgeous card! Such a sweet image and pretty colours.

Lisa x

CraftinGranny said...

So gorgeous Lisa with those purples and your coloring. Sure wish I had that cupcake cause my sweet tooth is aching..... "Hugs" Carol

Donna Mosley said...

Very pretty Lisa, love the ric rac and very yummy colours.

Donna x

Whisper said...

Ooo fabby colours and layout, Luv Sam x

coops said...

gorgeous card lisa.your colours are really pretty and fab sweet image ;D

xx coops xx

coldwaters2 said...

Absolutely beautiful card Lisa that image is so cute and I love the ric rac ribbon a wonderful card.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Faye said...

I'm not talking to you. If I were, I'd tell you that this is a really pretty card, which reminds me I'm hungry. But as I'm not talking to you, I won't! One word. Flourishes. Delivery. Coming. Ok, so that's three words, but who cares, I'm not talking!! ;)
xxx

Jenny said...

This is so sweet Lisa, pretty colours together too :)
How about a shaped number card for Pav then you can enter CASual Fridays with it too ???
Jenny :)

Mau xx said...

This is so sweet Lisa, and a brilliant sentiment to suit the image xx Know what you mean about time spent on pc, maybe I will have day off every week...well I did say "MAYBE" ...lol xx

Craftdee said...

This is a really sweet card Lisa, love the colours. I know exactly what you mean about staying away from the laptop/internet! I work from home, using the computer, and I'm only a click away from serious time spending (we'll call it spending not wasting, lol) I tried having no craft stuff on my PC (only on the laptop), but that danged internet is always there, lol.

Jackie said...

Very pretty card. I love the title "Eat cake" I do and I shouldn't LOL.
I think I may have to do the same and not turn the computer on until the work is done! Can I do it? I doubt it :o)
Jackie xx

Mandy said...

Hi Lisa,
Such a sweet pretty card,the toppers look fabulous,gorgeous soft colours to...
Mandy x

♥Gemma♥ said...

Absolutely adorable Lisa..such a sweet image and a quick card too, just love it :D
hugs and xxx

Juls said...

such a sweet adorable card! Love the pearl detail! Hugs Juls

Lorraine said...

Oh this is so precious! Love the pink & purples and your softly colored adorable image.

rosie said...

gorgeous card. fab image. love the colour scheme.

Cazza said...

Such a pretty card Lisa, beautiful colour combo hon!
Hugs,
Cazza
xxx

melsanford said...

Gorgeous card. Love the image and the pretty colours :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Sue said...

Ahhhhhh so sweet brilliant image and colours Luv Sue x