Sunday 13 June 2010

More male cards


Now, I really like making male cards, honest I do... but I've made so many lately I'm getting flower withdrawal symptoms - I've got a new flower punch that I'm desperate to use, but I'm going to have to wait a while yet. Sigh. The first card is one that hubby asked me to make for his grandad for his name's day (a Polish thing) and it was made in a big hurry this morning before we went to visit Pav's family. So it's not the most interesting card lol - I do quite like it though. I've used a Jim image from Digistamp Boutique, coloured with promarkers. The fab grassy paper is Doodlebug, with some bright green cardstock and jute ribbon from my stash.

Promarker colours used:

  • skin - ivory, blush, oatmeal + sunkissed pink for cheeks
  • hair - warm grey 2
  • top - meadow green & apple
  • hat & trousers - pastel beige & sandstone
  • lawnmower - leaf green & bright green, cool grey 3 & 4 + ice grey 1 (wheels)
  • grass - meadow green & grey green
  • outline - pastel green + blender



This card is another father's day one for an order. Mikey monkey images from Digistamp Boutique, coloured with promarkers - 2 different Mikey images used, printed one out smaller and popped it up on foam pads, for a sort of 'father & son' monkey type thing lol. I can never remember if these papers are Papermania or Dovecraft, but they're very handy for male cards. Cardstock is coredinations, sentiment is a Pink Petticoat digi, finished off with some card candy. Made this one before I started writing all the promarker colours down, so no list for this one!

I'm entering my cards for the following challenges:

11 comments:

Lindsey said...

They are both lovely Lisa, love the bright funky papers and the green mesh. I am going to have to get one or two more PM's though!
Linds xx

Sue said...

Hi Lisa
two gorgeous cards hun, luv the lime green on the top one really striking, luv the 3d on the monkey, brill cards hun, sue,x

Kat said...

Two fab cards Lisa. I like the father and son monkeys but my favourite is the chap cutting his grass. It just makes me smile, love it!

Kat xx

coops said...

2 fantastic male cards lisa, you really do have a real flair for making these.i love your images and great colours and layouts.luv coops.xx

Cor* said...

Such a simple green card! I often forget that simplicity is often best! I adore both cards. Thanks for joining in at Creative Inspirations this week. Good luck . (ps-don't worry your time to use the flower punch is coming)

Kat said...

Oops forgot to say thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat xx

Unknown said...

Love it. Great colour for a male card. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations Challenge this time.
Hugs
Dawn x

Emma said...

Two fabulous cards, gorgeous colours.
Thanks for joining in with the DigiStamp Boutique monthly challenge.
Hugs Emma x

cheryl said...

2 great cards,love the iamges you have used too
many thanks for joining us at creative inspirations,this week,hugs cheryl xxxxxx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Lisa, what brilliant cards. You've coloured the images perfectly and the papers are stunning. Thanks for joining in with our monthly challenge over at DSB. Hugs, Denise x

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

oooh....now you're spoiling me....I think I need a Lisa Gallery....lol....absolutely adorable...xx