Monday 7 September 2009

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 3

Here's my 3rd DT card for Crafty Cardmakers, which is our first sketch challenge. It's a lovely simple sketch so it's easy to add your own little touches to it! Please have a look at the rest of the fabulous DT work and play along if you can :o)

I've finally used this fabulous gorjuss girl stamp that I've had for quite a few weeks but haven't had chance to use yet, I love it! I'm still trying to improve my colouring with promarkers and this is a great image to practise on, I'm quite happy with the results but still need lots more practise. I've used both sides of a double sided paper by My Mind's Eye, called Starburst 'little blossom' dots/ brown, that I picked up in a local craft shop (Craft Haven). The image is matted on coredinations cardstock and everything is edged with distress inks. The flowers are Green Tara and the roses are from Hobbycraft - I've sprayed them with a spray on adhesive and then sprinkled glamour dust on, I also used glamour dust on the gorjuss girl's wings. I've added a little charm on a chain, fixed to the back of one of the flowers. The round sentiment stamp is by Cuddly Buddly, stamped in clear ink and embossed in white, and then cut out with nestabilities circles. Finally I added some little flower beads that I found in my stash, including one to finish off her hair.


Close up


12 comments:

Dragonlady said...

Hi Lisa

I saw your card on the challenge blog and just had to come over and say how gorgeous it is. This is a great image and I love what you have done with her. The flowers and charm are fantastic.

Ali x

Rose said...

I love everything about your beautiful card! I have this image and love what you have done with it. All the glittery detail and the charm are just awesome! You have motivated me to use my Gorjuss Girl!

Juls said...

stunning card! Love the colour combo!! and the sparkly flowers and wings are just far too gorgeous for words!!

LINDA said...

OH MY, This is such a pretty card.. Love the image you used..And the colors are just wonderful.. Very lovely work..
Hugs, Linda

Kat said...

This is so pretty Lisa. I love the colours you've used. I have to admit to never having used this image yet. I love what everyone else has done with her though. Some day I am going to get round to using it because it is lovely. I keep trying to use my Promarkers too in the hope that I'll get better at colouring with them!!

Kat xx

Sarah said...

Love this card Lisa, and the Glamour Dust is fab. Great idea to use spray adhesive - must get some.

Think I'll combine this challenge with DC Gorjuss Girl one.

Sarah x

Lilian said...

Oh wow Lisa! This is just gorgeous! Love the pinks and browns! Awesome work! Have a wonderful day!

Victoria said...

fabulous card, fabulous blog, following you from now on. Your shading is great, I think larger areas are hard to get right as well.

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog

Victoria
x

Mandy said...

Hi hun, this is gorgeous, fab colour combo, love the stamp she's another to add to my huge wish list, and you have coloured her beautifully xx

Unknown said...

hi lisa, brill card for the challenge this time, pop over to my blog hun, i have a little something for you xx

Unknown said...

This card is fabulous Lisa - this is the first time I have visited your blog ... you do make a good card ... Thanks for sharing :0)

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card Lisa,
Hugs Dianne xx